In an effort to help with dismissal procedures and questions after the school day please note the following:
1. Our school office secretary, Miss Dawn, is available between the hours of 8:30-3:30 to answer questions
regarding transportation concerns. Please call the school directly at 233.1160.
2. If you have any questions regarding dismissal after 3:30 please call our central office at 233.1100
3. If you have any bus questions in the morning starting at 7:30, contact Denise DeCesare at Central Office
4. If you prefer please call Durham Bus Company directly at 751.0534 with any bus concern or issue;
they will be happy to help!
5. Sign up for the Bus Tracker App. to track the bus. You will need your student’s school ID
6. Bus drivers and monitors will not release any child at a bus stop if a parent is not waiting to meet them.
If there is no adult to receive the child, students will be brought back to Whelan School. Whelan has an
afternoon Kids Klub Program. They can be reached at 349.5700 or 626.5660. Your child will be in their
care until 6 pm. Kids Klub closes at 6 pm.
7. The North Providence Police will be contacted in the event a child is not picked up.
8. It is very important that parents send a note to the child’s teacher letting them know how they will be
home throughout the course of a week. Many children have multiple ways of getting home, depending
on the day of the week, and this changes often throughout the day. We rely on the classroom teacher to
receive this information from parents.
9. All contact information should be correct in Skyward, including telephone numbers and email address.
If we have a question about how your child is getting home, we will call you immediately based on the
information you provide to us.
It is important to keep all telephone numbers up-to-date as well as emergency contact information. You can call
our main office at 233.1160 between the hours of 8:30-3:30 to do so.
I appreciate your attention to this matter.
Janine Napolitano, Stephen Olney Principal